Designated Safeguarding Lead Course
We are pleased to introduce our new CPD Accredited Designated Safeguarding Lead course.
This is a comprehensive course designed to equip Designated Safeguarding Leads with both the knowledge and skills to successfully discharge their statutory responsibilities. The course has been designed to cover not only the statutory information that every DSL must know, but also practical advice and guidance to help new DSLs navigate the world of safeguarding.
- What is safeguarding and child protection?
- What is child abuse?
- Signs and symptoms of abuse
- Dealing with disclosures and the recording and storing of information
- When and how to report concerns
- What happens at an ICPC?
- How to take action, should you disagree with actions or decisions made
- Statutory requirements for Designated Safeguarding Leads
- What else do I need to know?
The course will be delivered by Alison Walker (School Improvement Director - Culture & Safeguarding) and DSL with 20 years of experience in schools’ safeguarding. This course is in-person.
Alison’s own experience of DSL training courses is that they lack practical advice and guidance, and in response, she has designed a new, more comprehensive DSL course. In addition to the content you would normally expect, there is advice on what to expect at an ICPC, escalating concerns, the likely wider responsibilities of a DSL, as well as OFSTED requirements. The course is fully accredited by the CPD Accreditation Service.
If you are interested in reserving a place on the next Designated Safeguarding Lead Course, please email MEIOffice@maidenerleghtrust.org.